In the Abbey
our mind needs relaxation and leisure when you take part in an intensive seminar. The Convention Centre has plenty to offer in this respect, whether during seminar breaks or in the evenings.
- Relax in congenial company in the hall with the open fireplace or in the Wolkenstein Lounge with a glass of excellent Neustift wine.
- Turn on to turn off: take advantage of our TV room!
- Cool off in the swimming pool during the summer months.
- Our biotope is an oasis of unspoilt nature and seclusion …
- Use our Kneipp room and experience the effect of different water treatments.
- Set off and breathe deeply: discover the cycling paths in the vicinity – bicycles are available at reception!
- Run and Relax: We have compiled three individual jogging trails for you - find more information about the trails Kloster Hügel / 2,84 km, Vahrner See / 8,25 km and Eisacktour / 11,43 km.
- Savour the atmosphere in the monastery cellar during breaks or for a pre-prandial aperitif in the evening.
- Products from the monastery’s own estate and the estates of other monasteries can be bought in the monastery shop.
s a vibrant community, the Augustinian Canons Regular of Novacella have made pastoral care their main duty in the spirit of St. Augustin. Consequently our guests are cordially invited to join in services in the monastery basilica
(times of services
, the evening prayers of the Canons Regular take place each Wednesday at 5.45pm. Guests are likewise invited to the vespers followed by Mass. Vespers can also be attended on all other days by arrangement. If you are desirous of finding a place of quiet and reflection you will find it in the St. Viktor Chapel
in the oldest part of the monastery. It can of course also be used by your group for silent prayer and worship.
As a guest of ours you can also join in spiritual discussions or be accompanied by a Canon regular
. We would ask you to arrange this in good time at reception.